Friday, May 4, 2012

Rhinoceros.


There have been numerous instances in my life in which I have been both a follower like the Rhinoceros's and a person who refuses to follow the crowd like Berenger. As teenagers, we all know what it's like to give into peer pressure in high school. I was always one of those kids who prided themselves in not giving into peer pressure from friends or classmates. However, I had a particular rhinoceros moment in high school when I promised myself I would not drink at a party, then ended up doing it because all my friends were. I ended up getting sick and not coming home that night, which resulted in a week of grounding. It made me realize that I shouldn't have done that just to be cool or "fit in". I feel like I have had Berenger moments as well. Recently actually, I was pressured to do something cause all my friends were doing it and I made the decision not to, because I did not want to suffer the consequences like the last time i gave into pressure. I felt very proud of myself and I was glad I didn't give into the pressure and I was able to "not turn into a rhinoceros". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment